Dental Implantsat Dentalcare Pangbourne
What are Dental Implants?
If you have a missing tooth or missing teeth, you may suffer with low self-esteem and be afraid to smile. Gaps in your teeth can greatly affect your lifestyle and your happiness.
Fortunately, there are options to replace missing teeth and at Dentalcare Pangbourne we will talk you through what these involve and the benefits of each.
Dental implants have become increasingly popular in recent years because unlike dentures, they are the most natural and permanent replacement for missing teeth. Dental implants are made up of titanium post, which are gently inserted into your jawbone and this acts as the tooth root. Crowns or bridges then sit on top of this which replace the missing teeth.
Once dental implants are fitted, you can continue with your life as usual. In most cases, dental implants are considered to be a cosmetic form of dentistry, so they are rarely available on the NHS.The cost of dental implants varies according to each patient and how many teeth you wish to replace. Your dentist can tell you more at your appointment.
Your missing teeth options
There are 2 main types of dental implants and the options mainly depend on how many missing teeth you wish to replace.
Single dental implant
If you have just one missing tooth, then you will need a single dental implant. The implant will be inserted gently into your jaw and the temporary crown will be placed on top. This procedure can often be completed in one day to give same day teeth. Your final and permanent crown will be fitted at a later date once it has been custom-made for you.
All-on-4 dental implants
If you are missing many teeth, if your teeth are all in poor condition or you have no teeth at all, it may be better for you to have all-on-4 dental implants. First, any existing teeth that you have are removed. 4 dental implants are then carefully inserted into your jaw bones and this will form the support for a complete set of new natural looking and permanent teeth.
Benefits of Dental Implants
There are many advantages to having dental implants and our dentists will be happy to talk through the process as well as what dental implants can do for you:
- Dental implants are a permanent solution to replace missing teeth; there’s no need for embarrassing gaps or to suffer with uncomfortable dentures
- Restore your confidence. With dental implants you will be able to smile naturally again
- Dental implants look and feel completely natural. You can speak naturally and treat them as you would your usual teeth
- Treatment is tailored to you
- Eat all your favourite foods, there’s no need to worry about certain foods getting stuck or causing discomfort with dental implants
- At Pangbourne, we use the latest technology to analyse your teeth and create the best solution for you
- Dental implants can help overcome any discomfort that you’ve had with missing teeth and help protect the health of your remaining teeth
- Our dental implants coordinator is on hand to offer dedicated support and answer all of your questions
Book a consultation and find out more about dental implants.
Frequently asked questions about Dental Implants
Do dental implants hurt?
The process for dental implants sounds traumatic but your discomfort is kept to a minimum during the procedure. We use local anaesthetic to completely numb the area so that you can’t feel what is happening. After the procedure, your mouth may feel sore, but this should soon wear off after several days.
How long do dental implants last?
This varies according to different patients. Most dental implants last for years. Poor oral hygiene, bone loss or any form of accident can cause the dental implants to be compromised.
How long will dental implants last?
This varies according to each patient. A good oral hygiene will help to promote the life of dental implants. Factors including teeth grinding, bone loss, accidents or traumas to the teeth can all be detrimental to the life of the dental implant.
With good care and attention dental implants can last for many years.